about my art and other things in life

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

a sneaky peek

Take a sneaky peek...

Yep.
I give you the permission
to open your eyes properly
now.
Here´s a peek on my recent
project which is to do with
my way of relating to my
country
of origin, Finland.

I am a Swede-Finn, which
is not to be a "real" Finn.
Although there are many
things, so called references,
that combine
me with the Finns and that is
how I am brought up, the Finnish
way of life, the traditions, the food,
the language...and so on.
But still- I am not considered as
real Finn according to my
neighboring friends.

Every summer, when I was little
and up to my teens
my family went to
spend the summer in Finland.
I was a kind of a stranger but in
heart I was not. This was also my
space, my world, my dreams.
I am proud of all the things
that I experienced because
that really brought me even closer
to my 'origin' country.

In my paintings I try to explore
the inner thoughts, memories and
feelings. Time stands still or is floating,
maybe a little faded at times but
the memory is there, reminding
me of the places I have visited,
the people I have met and the strong
connection I have with this country
which in a way is so far from here.

This is project I do with Christelle Mas
(French artist living in Finland)
and Leena Kangas (Finnish artist
living in Finland).
Fun- and at the same time interesting to
see how three different artists have
interpreted same theme but from three
totally different angles.
The project is called "Origin. Original. Originally."

//Kristiina


By the Pond. Mixed media. 60x140.




Dad by the Field. Mixed media. 60x140.



The Lion Within. Mixed media. 60x140.




No comments:

Post a Comment