about my art and other things in life

Saturday, March 3, 2012

formen/ the form






himmeli,
som är en gammal traditionell
juldekoration har alltid fashinerat
mig. Sedan jag var i Finland
förra året och fick se många olika
varianter tänkte jag att den här formen
ville jag arbeta vidare med.
Tyvärr så är  jag inte ensam om
att hitta den här formen idag...Fast det ligger
liksom lite i tiden, dessa geometriska
skapelser. Oftast är det så att när
man upptäcker något så tror man i sin enfald
att man är ensam om att vilja jobba med en form
fast det är man inte.
I alla fall, jag har gjort 
en moderniserad version av himmelin
som jag ska hänga 12 st av framför en målning
belysa med en lampa så att man kan se deras
skuggor reflekterade på tavlan.
Hursomhelst så är det också vackert att bara se
formerna på himmelin och tavlan mötas som
ni kan se på dessa bilder.

himmeli
which is an old finnish Christmas decoration,
has always fascinated me. When I was in Finland
last summer I saw himmelis in different shapes
and forms, and thought to myself that this is the
form I want to work with.
Unfortunately this is not a form that just I have
discovered nowadays but it kind of reflects the
time of today, these geometric forms. Often one
discover something and think that you are the only
one in the world wanting to work with a form but
you are not.
However, I have made a modernized version of
the himmeli and will hang 12 of these in front
af a painting and these are to be lighted up with
lamps so one can see the shadows on the painting.
At the same time it is rather beautiful to see the
forms of the himmelis and the painting emerge
as shown here.

//Kristiina




First I want to show the ones I tried out in different materials, here a modern himmeli in stoneware:



Here is a himmeli I did with the material from old books (covers and pages). This was a real fun project:





...AND here are the ones I am working on now:








4 comments:

  1. Superläckra!! Vad duktig du är :) Jag gillar verkligen den vita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vilka fina varianter av himmeli du har gjort, verkligen jätte vackra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tack för titten hos mig, roligt att du gillar...här finns mycket att gilla också, många kreativa roliga saker att ta till sig, kommer att komma åter, många gånger
    kram

    ReplyDelete